What We Believe About…
Connect Christian Church is a non-denominational church. That means we don’t have a governing board somewhere telling us what to do or believe. We are free to follow God’s Word (the Bible) and God’s calling for our church without any outside influence.
So that is exactly what we seek to do. We don’t believe that we are the only Christians who will be saved or that we’re some superior Biblical geniuses (far from it). We’re just trying to follow God’s Word and to carry out His purposes to the best of our ability.
If you want to know more about what we believe and why we believe it, we’ve provided some information below. And as always, if you have any questions, just send us a message.
- God exists eternally in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19;John 14:16-26).
- God is the absolute and sole creator of this world and the universe (Genesis 1:1-2:25; John 1:1-4).
- God, because of His compelling love, sent Jesus Christ into the world to save sinners by His atoning death on Calvary (Isaiah 53:1-6; John 3:16; Romans 5:8;Ephesians 1:3-6).
- Jesus Christ in the flesh was both God and man.
- He was born of a virgin and lived a sinless life.
- He revealed the mind of God in his teaching and performed miracles exactly as described in the four gospels.
- He was crucified, died as the penalty for our sins and was raised from the dead, bodily, on the third day.
- He ascended to the Father, He is head of the church and intercedes for believers.
- He is coming again personally, bodily and visibly to this earth.
- Phillipians 2:5-8; Luke 1:26-35; Hebrews 4:14-15; 1 Peter 2:21-24; 1 Corinthians 15:3-5; Acts 1:9-11; Ephesians 1:18-23; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16; John 14:1-6
- Man’s relationship with God has been broken by his own sin.
- We can be restored to a relationship with God only through the sacrificial blood of Jesus Christ. Apart from Christ, man remains eternally separated from God, and is ultimately consigned to hell.
- This restored relationship is based on God’s grace, not our efforts.
- God invites us to accept His gift of grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- A repentant life, a confession of Christ’s Lordship, and baptism by immersion are primary responses of our faith as modeled in the New Testament. (Due to the Biblical prerequisites of belief, repentance and confession, we do not practice infant baptism at Connect.)
- John 3:1-21; Acts 2:37-39, 8:26-39, 10:1-48, 16:11-34, 22:2-16; Romans 3:21-31,5:6-11, 6:1-23; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, 15:1-58; Galatians 3:13-14; Ephesians 2:8-9;Hebrews 9:11-14, 10:10-13; 1 Peter 3:18; 1 John 1:8-10
- The Holy Spirit lives by promise in the life of the Christian as God’s pledge and seal of salvation (John 16:8-11,13-15; Acts 2:38, 5:3-4; Romans 8 & 9).
- The Christian is enabled to grow in spiritual maturity through obedience to the Word of God by the indwelling Spirit (Ephesians 4:11-16; Colossians 1:9-12, 3:12-17).
- At death, the Christian’s spirit departs to be with Jesus Christ. At the return of our Lord our bodies will be raised to the likeness of His resurrected body and will live forever in the presence of God (Luke 16:19-31; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:1-58).